Smartsuit Pro is not appearing in Rokoko Studio
Modified on: Mon, 16 Mar, 2020 at 10:18 AM
Why is my Smartsuit Pro not being detected in Rokoko Studio?
Make sure you are using the USB-C cable that is provided with your order for connecting the smartsuit to the computer, not the USB power cable. You should connect the USB-C cable to the USB Configuration port. I.e. The left side of the hub as seen in this picture:
A popup should appear if done correctly:
Should the popup not appear despite having your Smartsuit Pro HUB connected to your computer with the USB-C cable, click the suit icon in the top right corner to open the panel:
Click "Update Firmware" at the bottom of the wifi settings panel:
Why can't I see an active Smartsuit Pro in Rokoko Studio after successfully applying the WiFi settings?
Several reasons could be at play, please consider that:
A firewall might be blocking communication between the Smartsuit Pro and Rokoko Studio (see how to resolve in the next chapter).
An anti-virus software (like McAfee, learn more here) is blocking communication between the Smartsuit Pro and Rokoko Studio, please disable to test.
You have entered an incorrect IP address (see in a chapter below how to verify).
You have not connected a charged battery (with a minimum 2A output) to the power supply cable of the Smartsuit Pro.
How do I know whether Windows Firewall is blocking the communication between my PC and Smartsuit Pro?
Windows Firewall can sometimes block the communication between the Smartsuit Pro and Rokoko Studio (which Studio will sometimes tell you by returning an error code 0010 when applying the WiFi settings). Please follow these steps:
1. Open the Windows Start Menu and type in "Windows Firewall":
2. Click on "Windows Firewall" and you should now see the Windows Firewall dialogue.
3. From the left menu select "Turn Windows Firewall on or off":
4. From the options for the Private and public network settings, click "Turn off windows Firewall" (warning: this is not recommended besides testing purposes).
Click "OK" to Apply the changes.
5. At this stage you should see following:
On Windows 10 you would see the same panel, but looking like this:
6. You can now test if the Smartsuit Pro can connect to Smartsuit Studio (quit and reopen Studio first).
If the problem was the firewall, you will now be able to see the live character inside the Smartsuit Studio.
After you verify if the firewall was blocking Smartsuit Studio, remember to turn firewall on again by clicking again in Turn Windows Firewall on or off but this time select "Turn on Windows Firewall for private and public networks."
Click OK to apply these changes.
7. If you identified that Windows Firewall is blocking Smartsuit Studio, you can add a rule to Windows Firewall to allow connections with Smartsuit Studio (see next chapter).
How do I add a Windows Firewall exception rule?
In this guide, we will see how we can make a firewall rule for our application to allow the Smartsuit to connect to Smartsuit Studio.
The same process can be used if your firewall is blocking our live integrations.
1. From the Windows start menu, search and open "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security".
2. Which should open following screen.
3. Select "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" on Local Computer → Inbound Rules.
4. Search in the list if there is already a rule about the program you want to allow the connection, in this case Smartsuit Studio.
If there is not, please make a new rule by clicking "New Rule..." on the right side of the window.
5. In the "New Inbound Rule Wizard" panel that will open, select "Program" and click "Next":
6. Specify the program path:
For Smartsuit Studio this would be "%ProgramFiles%\Smartsuit Studio\Smartsuit studio.exe"
You can click "Browse" to find the program path in case it is different for you. Then click "Next"
7. Select "Allow the connection", and click "Next".
8. Select all network types you want to allow the program to receive data, make sure "Private" is checked, and click "Next".
9. Give a name and a description for the new Rule, then click "Finish".
10. You should now find the Smartsuit Studio rule you just created in the Inbound Rules list.
Open the rule properties by double-clicking on the rule, or right click on the rule and then select properties. Make sure that the Action option is set to "Allow the connection".
Now your firewall should allow the communication between the Smartsuit and Smartsuit Studio for this computer.
How do I add a Mac OS Firewall exception rule?
We have seen instances where adding a firewall exception on a Mac does not work. Please disable the Mac firewall by following these steps:
Click the Apple icon placed at the upper left corner of your screen.
Click ‘System Preferences’.
Identify the ‘Security & Privacy’ icon and click it.
Click the ‘Firewall’ tab to proceed.
If the firewall has already been enabled, click the ‘Stop’ button to disable it.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.